The position of Athletic Trainer at Seffner Christian Academy (Ministry) requires the employee to perform ministerial functions, which are an integral part of his/her employment. These ministerial functions include but are not limited to leading and/or participating in staff devotions and/or prayer, sharing the Gospel with visitors or others when called upon to do so during the workday, and the written or verbal communication of biblical teachings. Athletic Trainers will also be required to live on- and off-duty in accordance with the Ministry’s statement of faith, code of conduct, and general beliefs.
An Athletic Trainer shall be one who has received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. An Athletic Trainer shall be a member in good standing of an evangelical church and shall lead a mature Christian life. He/she shall reflect on the purpose and objectives of Christian education and athletics and the philosophy and policies of Seffner Christian Academy. An Athletic Trainer must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, a state licensure and certification by the American Board of Certifications, and a CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Athletic Director
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
● Maintain a testimony and evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, committing to biblical standards for all conduct (sexual, interpersonal, etc.) on- and
● Demonstrate a desire for spiritual growth (prayer life, Bible study, spiritual outreach, etc.).
● Have a Christ-centered home and personal life evidenced by Biblically driven decision-making and the presence of the fruit of the Spirit.
● Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, attitude, integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us. (Titus 2:7-8; Luke 6:40)
● Implement Biblical principles in dealing with students, parents, staff/administration, including resolution of all conflicts through the application of the Matthew 18 principle.
● Place a daily emphasis on Biblical worldview development through the curriculum. Be willing to lead Bible studies, chapels, and devotions as needed.
● Show support for the role of parents as primarily responsible before God for their child's education and partner with them in the task.
● Encourage students to accept God's gift of salvation and grow in their faith, and embrace the reality of their identity in Christ. Be willing to share the Gospel message on and off campus.
● Participate in a local Bible-believing church.
● Be an active and positive force in supporting the school ministry on- and off-campus, placing this ministry in a place of priority.
● Support Seffner Christian Academy in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the school’s operation.
● Maintain a professional appearance that complies with the SCA Dress Code policies both on-campus and during all school functions and activities outside typical school hours.
● Attend all practices, games, and tournaments as instructed.
● Create and maintain a classroom environment that is positive, engaging, clean, and tidy.
● Complete in a timely fashion all athletic-related record keeping: reports, clearances, inventory, etc.
● Provide a safe physical environment by knowing and implementing crisis protocols and maintaining constant supervision of students.
● Provide evaluations, emergency medical care, therapy, and rehabilitation.
● Demonstrate a positive connection with coaches, athletes, and parents.
● Actively participate in professional development opportunities and administratively scheduled meetings for the purpose of both personal growth. Recertification is the responsibility of the Athletic Trainer and is required to maintain employment.
● Attendance to work (including all chapel services and school-wide assemblies) should be regular and timely.
● Maintain an environment conducive to character development that utilizes aspects of positive behavior management in collaboration with administration, as needed.
● Promote open and timely communication with all stakeholders (administration, fellow teachers, parents, and students).
● Show discretion in handling student records and confidential material and in utilizing social media, ensuring that usage conforms to the guidelines in the Faculty Handbook.
● Demonstrate character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, compassion, integrity, gratitude, self-control, perseverance, punctuality, and composure under pressure.
● Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, diagrams, schedules, and procedure manuals (reasoning and language skills). Ability to write effectively any required reports and correspondence. Communicate successfully in a professional manner with a multicultural population base in the community.
● Other duties assigned by a supervisor.
● Athletic trainers must regularly stand, walk, and run various distances across campus multiple times a day.
● Athletic trainers must frequently sit, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, see, and hear.
● Ability to work in environments where the noise level is unusually high.
● Regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds.