Lightning Policies for School Day
*All calls will be made to alert teachers
Lightning Warning (Lightning detected within 3 miles or less of campus)
- All students hold in place.
- No class changes, bathroom/office trips, etc.
- All PE classes and outside activities must move inside of a building.
-Car line will be held/stop until Lightning passes
Lightning Watch (Lightning detected within 3-6 miles of campus)
- Students may change classes as normal, restroom/office trips are permitted.
- All student activities and PE classes outside must move inside of a building
- Students may move from class to class but may not congregate outside.
- Car line will proceed as usual with active loading and unloading.
All Clear (Lightning has moved further than 8 miles from campus)
- Campus activities resume as normal
These warnings and watches will typically last less than 20 minutes as the weather passes. We will communicate further if we foresee any watch or warning lasting prolonged periods of time.
If you have any further questions, please see your principal.